The 30TB 5big Thunderbolt 2 Series 5-Bay RAID from LaCie is a 5-bay storage enclosure complete with a storage capacity of 30TB perfect for storing large files such as 4K video, RAW photos, and much more. With Thunderbolt 2 connectivity you can transfer data at speeds up to 1050 MB/s (in RAID 0) which enhance 4K workflows as you can now see edits in real time. Additionally, the LaCie 5big Thunderbolt 2 works in conjunction with applications including Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Adobe Lightroom, and Apple Aperture.
What really makes the 5big stand out is the large number of RAID configurations you have available. RAID configurations include RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD. While this storage enclosure comes preconfigured in HFS+ and RAID 5 for read speeds up to 840 MB/s, it can easily be reconfigured to suit nearly any storage need.
The integrated Thunderbolt 2 ports truly open up the capability of the 5big as they offer enhanced data transfer rates to speed up workflows. In addition to faster workflows, the dual Thunderbolt 2 ports provide the ability to daisy chain up to 6 devices to a single computer including the ability to connect a 4K monitor with DisplayPort 1.2 compatibility.
- Thunderbolt 2 Speeds
- With Thunderbolt 2 technology the LaCie 5big Thunderbolt 2 is able to take full advantage of the absolute best speeds out of the hard disks. Add a hardware RAID controller and 7200 rpm disks and you benefit from sustained speeds of up to 1050 MB/s (in RAID 0) that enhance 4K workflows, reduce the time it takes to transfer large files, create backups, and more.
- 2K & 4K Video Compatible
- With the speed offered by the Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, videographers can edit multiple 2K uncompressed 10-bit streams, play back compressed 4K video and even see edits in real time. Digital photographers can browse a massive RAW photo library with zero lag.
- RAID for Speed with Security
- The LaCie 5big offers RAID modes 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD. Its hardware RAID controller delivers sustained performance, increased flexibility, and the ability to connect the product to another computer while keeping the RAID configuration. Preconfigured in HFS+ and RAID 5, it is truly plug and play for Mac users. And easily customize the RAID mode to suit your needs using the LaCie RAID Manager utility.
RAID modes 5 and 6 provide complete data protection against disk failure, while providing enhanced speed and capacity. This is perfect for when you want to use a single storage product for both editing and backup. Even in the case of disk failure, the LaCie 5big's hot-swappable disks mean zero data loss and little downtime.
You can utilize RAID 0 to maximize speed and capacity for current projects, and then move completed projects to archival storage quickly and efficiently. Or, choose JBOD, which allows you to see and use each disk independently. With five working days a week, you can assign each disk to a daily backup. It's even possible to set up multiple RAID volumes.
Hot swapping will result in data loss in a RAID 0 array
- Powerful Inputs & Outputs
- Thunderbolt 2 offers double the speed of first generation Thunderbolt ports at up to 20 Gb/s and enables simultaneous RAW 4K video editing and display. Additionally, Thunderbolt 2 supports DisplayPort 1.2 connectivity making it possible to daisy chain higher-resolution displays such as 4K monitors.
Thunderbolt 2 also continues to support daisy chaining up to six devices to a computer via a single cable (included in the box). For example, you could connect a total of 36 LaCie 5bigs via the six Thunderbolt 2 ports on a single Mac Pro, enabling more than 1PB (1080TB) and more than 3000 MB/s of bandwidth. Thunderbolt 2 even uses the same cables and connectors as first-generation Thunderbolt.
To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to a Thunderbolt 2 port on a computer or device
- Advanced Cooling for Long-Term Reliability
- The LaCie 5big has an advanced cooling system that ensures long-term reliability by preventing overheating. It consists of three key components: an innovative heat-dissipating aluminum casing, a Noctua cooling fan, and jumbo heat exhausts. For the enclosure, a solid-aluminum heat-sink design diverts and dissipates heat more efficiently than plastic casings.
The ultra-quiet Noctua NF-P12 fan pulls heat away from the internal components while producing less noise. It's thermoregulated, so it also controls its speed according to ambient temperature. As a result, the fan works more efficiently while prolonging the product's lifespan. And for whisper-quiet operation, the LaCie 5big's heat exhausts direct noise away from the user.
- Power Saving Mode
- The front button gives you a convenient way to turn off the product or put it into Power-Saving Mode. A short press spins down the disks, reducing power consumption, without interrupting a Thunderbolt daisy chain. A long press powers down the product completely.
- Advanced Software Solution
- LaCie also bundles the 5big with software solutions for system monitoring, backup, and unauthorized access prevention. Use the LaCie RAID Manager utility to set up email alerts and monitor storage before potential problems escalate. And for professional backup schemes, the LaCie 5big includes Intego Backup Manager Pro and is compatible with Time Machine.
- Enhanced Security
- The LaCie 5big features a cable lock to prevent accidental Thunderbolt cable or power supply disconnections. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you prevent unauthorized access by password-protecting volumes with AES 256-bit encryption. Combined with Kensington lock compatibility, the LaCie 5big fully protects your data against unauthorized access.
|Related products block||Use Config Settings|