Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 II Overview
Spanning a convenient 70-200mm equivalent focal length range, the Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 II POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is a telephoto zoom designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Working in conjunction with the versatile portrait-length to telephoto focal length range is a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture that benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions as well as affords notable control over depth of field. A pair of extra-low dispersion elements and one Ultra extra-low dispersion element are featured within the optical design, to reduce fringing and chromatic aberrations, and a Nano Surface Coating has also been applied to suppress ghosting and flare for improved contrast and color fidelity. Complementing the advanced optical design, this lens also features a POWER Optical Image Stabilizer, which is compatible with Dual I.S., and a linear autofocus motor that offers quick, quiet, and near-silent focusing performance to suit video and stills applications. Additionally, this 35-100mm lens also sports a dust, splash, and freezeproof physical design to enable working in trying environmental conditions.
- Telephoto zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this lens provides a 70-200mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one Ultra extra-low dispersion element combine to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality.
- Linear autofocus motor delivers fast AF performance that is also precise, smooth, and near-silent to benefit both stills and video applications.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and also supports the Dual I.S. function for increased stabilization performance.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.