The black Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 Digital Camera is an ultra-zoom camera that offers the ease of use akin to a point-and-shoot, but the look and feel of a DSLR. It features a 20.1MP 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD Sensor with a BIONZ R Image Processor for beautifully detailed images, and a powerful 63x optical zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24.5-1550mm. A bright 3″ Clear Photo 460k-dot LCD and the eye-level viewfinder provide you with two options for composing and viewing your images.
Capture 720p HD video at 30fps and use the optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization to compensate for camera shake in order to help eliminate blur, especially while you are walking. This is especially useful in low light and when using the longer focal lengths. For shooting at a wider angle, try the 360˚ Sweep Panorama, which allows you to press the shutter button and sweep your camera around to gather in your entire landscape by taking many high-resolution images and automatically compositing them into one photograph.
Taking pictures has never been easier. Use the Intelligent Auto function to allow the camera to make the optimal settings based on its recognition of the scene you are shooting, and the camera’s Easy Mode for simplifying your menu. To avoid missing those smiling faces simply turn on the Smile Shutter Technology, which takes a picture whenever a smile is detected, based on your preferences. Take advantage of Picture Effect for more expressive photos and Party Mode to optimize your flash for ideal illumination in hard to photograph lighting conditions.
- 20.1MP 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD Sensor & BIONZ R Image Processor
- A 20.1 megapixel 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD sensor and a BIONZ R Image Processor provides you with high-quality, high-resolution images with considerable contrast and clarity of detail.
- Optical 63x Zoom 24.5-1550mm 35mm Equivalent Focal Length Lens
- This professional Sony 4.4-277mm f/3.4-6.5 lens has a considerable 63x optical zoom and features a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24.5-1550mm, which provides you with a substantial telephoto range.
- 3″ Clear Photo 460k-Dot LCD & Viewfinder
- A bright 3″ Clear Photo 460k-dot LCD monitor allows you 5 stops of brightness control for viewing your images in all sorts of lighting conditions such as outside in the sun or indoors at night. It also features a histogram and a grid display for when you need extra help in composing your photos. For extra shooting stability, an electronic 201k viewfinder is also provided for eye-level composition. It becomes useful for viewing and composing shots in extreme sunlight.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization offers compensation to reduce the blurring effects of camera movement when shooting at slower shutter speeds. This is particularly effective when shooting in low light or at longer focal lengths. Sony’s Intelligent Active Mode image stabilization combines electronic and optical stabilization for less blurring while shooting videos when moving.
- 720p HD Movie Mode
- Shoot 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30fps to create high quality videos with full use of optical zoom in 29 minute segments. After transferring the videos to your computer, use the internet to instantly upload them to your favorite social media website.
- 360˚ Sweep Panorama
- To achieve an even wider angle, simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera around while the camera continuously shoots at a high speed to deliver a seamlessly stitched and high-quality panoramic image. Use it to capture wide landscapes, or go full circle with up to a 360˚ panorama for more creative images.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Automatically capture smiles the moment they happen. Simply press the Smile Shutter button to turn on the feature and leave the rest to the camera. You can indicate the degree of smile detection sensitivity and even choose adult or child smile priority. When Intelligent Auto is on, you can use the Smile Shutter mode with Intelligent Scene Recognition to capture smiles with settings optimized for that particular scene such as during difficult shooting conditions with twilight and backlighting.
- Creative Shooting with Picture Effects
- Bring ordinary landscapes and portraits to life, by heightening the mood and enhancing certain attributes with Picture Effects. A variety of creative options include four modes for your still images, four modes for movies, and three more modes for applying towards your panoramic shots.
- Simplify the Camera Menu with Easy Mode
- When shooting in Easy Mode the menu is simplified by eliminating various extra layers and making your shooting experience easier and more enjoyable. Should you want more detailed options for your shot, simply turn off the feature, and return to the normal menu.
- Erase and Protect Features
- Erasing and protecting images can be done in various modes: Single Image, Selection of Images, by Date, and by Folder.