Assembled to provide you with a shoulder rig kit and handheld follow focus kit that can work with virtually any camera available, this B&H Kit includes a Tilta VCT-Style Baseplate with built-in shoulder pad and 15mm rods, a Tilta Universal Hand Grip system, and a Tilta Snap-On Follow Focus System with adjustable hard stops. When assembled, the VCT-style baseplate allows you to mount the rig on a tripod with a compatible VCT-14-style plate, then quickly go from tripod-mounted to handheld and back again.
The included universal handgrip rig mounts to either the included 15mm rods or to optional 19mm rods and provides you with an extremely adjustable yet rigid rig for handheld shooting. The included follow focus unit uses a snap-on attachment system, so you can mount it on rods without having to remove other accessories from your rods. It mounts on 15mm LWS rods and features variable tension for smooth focus pulls. The hard stops can be positioned to your liking: useful for use with lenses that do not have internal stops or for setting start and stop points to your focus pulls.
Tilta Universal Handgrip System
The Tilta Universal Handgrip is a flexible handgrip system that attaches to either 15 mm lightweight or 19mm studio support rods. It consists of a rod bridge and two handgrips. Each handgrip consists of one 90° bend, a short extension, and a rubber hand grip. Each component of the handgrip assembly can be removed, and you can configure the system to suit your needs.
The rod bridge features a single knob that tightens/loosens the rod clamps so it is quick to mount or remove. The assembled system has six points of adjustment, three for each hand, so you can configure the handgrips so they are the most comfortable for you. The adjustment points feature Arri compatible rosettes and spring loaded locking levers. The rubber handgrips provide you with a comfortable sure grip.
- The handgrip mounts to either 19 mm studio support rods or lightweight 15 mm support rods without having to use adapters or changing out support bridges. This allows you to use the same handgrip system that easily moves from one system to another.
- The supports can be positioned to almost any available position on the support rods, so you can adjust the position to give you the optimal mix of balance, support, and comfort.
- The rosettes allow you to adjust the rig in almost limitless positions. Each component can be separated at the rosettes and allowing you to custom configure the system based on the needs of the shot.
- The handgrip clamps onto the rods, so it is easy to put on and remove. Unlike grips that slide onto the rods, it pops onto the rods, so it is easy to change its position on the rods without having to remove the mattebox, follow focus, or lens supports.
- The Arri rosettes allow you to use available Arri handgrips or other available accessories that feature Arri compatible rosettes with this unit if you wish.
- You can also use the components of this system to expand the capabilities of cameras and other supports that feature Arri compatible rosettes.
- The locking levers are spring loaded, and this allows you to loosen or tighten them fully, even if you cannot rotate them a full 360°.
- The rubber handgrips are textured and feature the Tilta name impressed into the grip providing a slip resistant surface.
Tilta 15mm Quick Release Baseplate for Sony VCT-U14 Tripod Adapter
Easily mount your camera onto a tripod via the Sony VCT-U14 Tripod Adapter using the Tilta 15mm Quick Release Baseplate. The V-lock system on the underside of the baseplate locks firmly onto the Sony VCT-U14, which can then be mounted onto a tripod’s wedge plate. Alternatively, the baseplate’s quick release mechanism allows you to easily detach it from the VCT-U14 and switch to a shoulder mount/handheld configuration.
You can make front and back adjustments thanks to the adjustable shoulder pad which is padded to give you comfort while carrying your camera on long shoots. In addition, since the shoulder pad is located at the center of the underside of the baseplate, it allows for optimum balancing for the safety of your camera system.
The baseplate comes with 8” rods to mount accessories like a follow focus or EVF. Additionally, the height-adjustable 15mm rods adapter allows you to adjust the height of the 15mm rods for appropriate placement of accessories.
- V-Lock system provides rock-solid connection to tripod with Sony V-Mount VCT-U14 Tripod Adapter
- Easily and quickly change between studio and handheld configurations
- Adjustable shoulder pad allows front and back adjustments
- Padding material provides more comfort and better fit on your shoulder
- Centered shoulder pad position helps appropriate balancing of the whole rig
- Comes with a height-adjustable 15mm rods adapter
Tilta FF-T03 15mm Follow Focus with Hard Stops
The Tilta FF-T03 15mm Follow Focus can be mounted on any 15mm rod system and allows you to make smooth focus adjustments. Fluid movement ensures smooth control, and two hard stops ensure precision adjustment.
Included with the follow focus are five flexible gears for your lens and 0.5, 0.6, and 08 MOD drive gears. And if you like to operate your system from a distance, a crank handle and 12” whip are both included.
- Can be mounted onto any 15mm rods
- Smooth fluid movements for easy focus adjustments
- Hard stops for precision focusing
- Rugged anodized aluminum alloy construction for durability